03 September 2014

Throw back Thursday: In Honor of No. 35, Go to My 40th High School Reunion

Throw Back Thursday: Whereby I Post Embarrassing Photos of Friends from High School


It's going to be a high school reunion. No. 35 on the list.
Forty years.  That's a long time.

So of course I had to find me some old photos...you know, to jog my memory of how darling and cute we all used to be.   As opposed to how mature and dignified we all look now.

I remember pulling up to the building at my 30th reunion. There was a valet parker. As we waited in line to get to the valet, we watched people exit their cars. I turned to the hubs and asked "Are you sure this is the right place? There are only old people here."  Yep, it was the right place.

This time I know what to expect.

But first- a stroll down memory lane.

The dances:


 A Cotillion dance with Dale.
He didn't go to our school but friend Liddy and I both dated him at different times.


And the same dress (quelle horreur) but a different date- 
this time with Curtis.
How come I can't convince my girls to wear the same dress twice? 

Mom's wonderful photography skills.
Half of Brown, Me, Emily and Kevin.
I loved that outfit but how ...homespun... these dresses look.

And Senior Prom:

This picture has been removed because 
I got tired of the "cast fetish" attention. 
But it was me, with my date, and my leg in a cast. 
My date looked like Napoleon Dynamite.
Use your imagination.
My how Prom dresses have changed. 
See here and here for Belle's prom dresses.
Makes mine look pretty tame.
(Also Bunny looked at this picture and said "Looks like Napoleon Dynamite". Yep.)

A Senior Spring Break trip to San Miguel de Allende  on the train:


 Mary and Emily

Me and Mary
The highlight of this trip might have been the flasher who stood outside our 
train compartment window while we were stopped in Monterrey.
He exposed himself while one of us (not naming names) stayed glued to the window, blocking everyone else and squealing 
"O My! Don't look! O my! O! Don't look what he's doing now!"
For about an hour.

Bobby, now Bob, sitting in my room.
Why, O Why did I have a poster of Raggedy Ann and Andy in there? 
Although I do love how Bobby/Bob color coordinates with the room. 


 Sally, Me, Liddy and that black spot on the right is our French Poodle, Eaugarte.
Studying, I think.

 Tricia, learning to macrame´ .

 Me, Charlie, Liddy
We basically all three have the same hair cut.

A particularly beautiful picture of Liddy taken in San Miguel.

And from Tricia's birthday party:


Tricia and Martha

Brown and Carol.
Sadly she is no longer with us.

Billy, Mark and Gwen 


Kevin, DeeDee, now Dee, and John

Ok. So now I'm ready to go the reunion. 

I'll recognize everyone as long as the guys still have shoulder length hair and the girls are barely wearing any make-up. 

No comments: