13 January 2014

Flowers in the Clean House

Flowers in the Clean House:


Nothing to do with my 60x60 challenge but a lot to do with a bit of a challenge to myself.

Since it is January, first month of the NEW year and a time for fresh starts, I am loosely following Apartment Therapy's January Cure. I like the idea of starting off the new year with a clean house.
Fresh house, fresh start.  Nice concept.

I say loosely because I got a late start and the first couple of weeks in January I could barely function, much less clean house like I was killing snakes.   Which is how I like to clean house when I'm inspired- with gusto.

But this past weekend's challenge was to really clean the kitchen.  I didn't get to the insides of the cabinets. Or the inside of the fridge. Or the inside of the oven.
Seriously? I know this is for apartment kitchens but my kitchen is about the size of an apartment kitchen and I worked hard for hours on Saturday and only got the surfaces done.

Anyway, Sunday morning was a treat to walk into a sparkly kitchen. Made Saturday's work worthwhile.



And my favorite part of the January Cure is that every weekend you are supposed to get flowers for your  house.
In a perfect world there would be fresh cut flowers in my house every week. In Colorado I seem to do better about having flowers than in Texas. Possibly because Texas tends to stay greener, maybe because the Texas house is bigger so it takes more than one bunch of flowers to make an impact.
I don't know.



Anyway, today is also Small but Charming's Flowers in the House day where bloggers can link their flower pics with other bloggers.
And there are flowers in my house!
So, I am linking away.

If you have a minute,  check out the other bloggers and their flower arrangements.
If you feel like starting fresh, download the January Cure calendar.
If you want to make my day, leave me a comment marveling at my tiny, funky but sparkling kitchen.


(And thanks to my friend Libby for turning me on to the January Cure.
And thanks to Lisa at Privilege- one of my favorite blogs to read- for turning me on to Flowers in the House.)


No comments: