28 January 2019

How?

HOW did you meet? 

This has been on my mind recently. I have been collecting stories of how couples met. The good, the bad, the spectacular. And there are some spectacular ones.

My adorable parents. On their wedding day.
They were married 67 years. 

At work there is a couple that is SO perfect for each other. They are SO in love. She drives him to work, they have lunch together, hold hands, check in through out the day. One of my coworkers looked at me one day and said "Isn't it wonderful they found each other?"  And it is. 
They had their anniversary recently, their 22nd. She was all dressed up, picking him up from work for a celebratory dinner.  Truthfully I would have believed her more if she had said they had just wed- the two seem so infatuated. And she confessed they didn't even get married until she was 45. And he was her first marriage. 
I didn't get a chance to ask how they met, but I assure you I will.  It must be great story. 

And so, in honor of February which is right around the corner, complete with hearts and flowers and pink and love and VALENTINE'S DAY,  I'm curious. 
How did you meet your significant other? Or your one true love? 
(I'm old enough to know that those two are not mutually exclusive.) 
Or what's the best "meet" story you've got?
Was it chance? Online?   Mutual friends? 

Let me know. The best stories may make the blog. Or maybe the worst will. Names will be changed to protect the innocent if that is what you wish. Or maybe I will just entertain myself with stories of love. Nothing will happen without your permission. 

Either comment below or send me an email:

I want to know. 

No comments: