10 June 2014

No. 49: Make a New Friend (Part Two)

No. 49: Make a New Friend (Part Two)


Pulling out of our lane last fall, I encountered a big gray Cadillac with Texas plates.
What?
I seldom pass other cars and if I do, it's a Subaru (the National Car of Colorado) or a truck. Certainly there are no Cadillac sedans and definitely no other Texas license plates.   But there it was.

Of course, my curiosity got the best of me.

The next morning Carlos and I set out on our walk. I heard voices coming from the house across the street and up the way.  I had to go introduce myself.

And VoilĂ !  New friends.

Actually new friends for me and three new friends for Carlos. (Well, two new friends and an acquaintance...not everyone wanted to be friendly.)

And imagine.  The people who bought the cabin down the way are from Fort Worth. The wife worked with one of my sister-in-law's best friends. What are the odds?

They are part timers, this is a second home for them.   But like me, the wife is trying to figure out how she can stay longer.

Fine with me. I love a playmate.

Funny how you can meet some people and immediately click.

The next day we were heading to the hot springs and to lunch.

And Carlos?   Two new Schnauzers that chase and play.
And one dachshund that is not so happy to have a large puppy romping in her yard.
Two out of three ain't bad.


Me and Sue on a visit to O'Haver Lake.

So another new friend. Someone happy to have company to stop by unannounced.
(Especially if there is a wine bottle in hand....)
Is that a Texas thing?
I seldom see the few Colorado neighbors that I have.
Whatever, I don't care.


No. 49 is done.


AND....

This weekend is FIBArk in Salida.

I'll post about it on Thursday.  One big party!

When FIBArk is over, we are all packing up and heading back to Texas.
So posts may be few and far between for the next couple of weeks.  I am more than overwhelmed by the thought of cramming all of these belongings into two cars and driving the thousand miles back to Houston.
And the cars....ugh.
Just replaced the transmission on the Baby Hummer and last week we noticed a radiator leak. Once we get it back from the shop, Bunny's car needs to go in.   Her tires need aligning and rotating before we drive it to Texas. It's always something.

But first, we party!

No comments: