21 February 2013

No. 34: San Antonio!

No. 34: Go to San Antonio for fun

I'm headed to San Antonio this week.

I will not count this as completing No. 34, though.

I am going for a funeral. That is not fun.

But it won't be too awful. It just won't be a long enough trip.  I won't get to do all the things I want to do.

I will get to see my sweet friend, Liddy, and her family.

Liddy and Me, 1972. 41 years ago. Wow!
She hasn't aged at all. Me?? Maybe a tiny bit.

I will get to stay at my most favorite hotel in San Antonio, right on the riverwalk.

And I will see some old friends. Old in that I have known them a long time, not that they are considered old.

But my real plans for San Antonio would include museums:

The Witte

I want to see this treehouse.
I'm a kid at heart.



and
the McNay Art Museum.

Don't think I have ever been here- 
or don't remember if I have.

I love museums.

And I'd like to go to el Mercado

Shopping!

and to the Japanese Tea Garden which we always called the Sunken Garden when I was a kid.

This was one of my favorite places when I was little. 


And I'm sure there are other things I could come up with...that I just can't think of right now because I should be packing my bags to leave town.

(Like the rest of Brackenridge Park and the San Antonio Zoo and the Buckhorn Museum and even the Alamo.)

But until I can do my real No. 34, I will settle for some time here:



And here:

And unfortunately, here, at this pretty church:





And next time I go to San Antonio, I will go for fun. And you will hear all about it.
Promise.

4 comments:

The Joiners said...

Sorry you're having to head to another funeral but I hope the trip goes well nonetheless. And I think you look a lot like Kinsey in that first pic!

the blogivers said...

Just like Amanda, I was going to say you look like Kinsey in the first pic!

Nancie N Bartley said...

I think I look like Andrew!! Same face shape I think.

Nancie N Bartley said...

Andrew? Kinsey? Those genes get passed around. This was before I had my wisdom teeth ripped out and I still had cheeks!