14 September 2018

True to My Word

True to My Word...

Last I wrote I was contemplating taking the rest of the summer off. And I did.

My goal was to enjoy the most of a full Colorado summer and I did the best I could. This is the first time I've spent an ENTIRE summer here.

While I still had to work a 40 hour week I managed to tick off some boxes.

Camping (once)

Sunset at the campsite by Lake Deweese.

Fishing (once)

Also at Lake Deweese. 
I confess I was not enamored with this style of fly fishing although I did catch one fish.


Dinner outside (lots) with visitors (not enough)


Visitors, neighbors, friends. 
This was my favorite dinner spot. 
And I came up with a new favorite recipe:
shrimp tacos with mango salsa

Trips (A couple that required plane rides, others that did not.)

It's a miracle. I had leg room on the way to visit these chicas...


Destiny and Bunny in Oxford, MS.
They were kind enough to include me in Bottomless Mimosa Sunday.


Live music outside

Second generation Allman Brothers Band kids at Riverside Park
(Devon Allmän and Duane Betts)

Also at Riverside, the US Air Force Academy Band


Live music inside

Pike and Sutton at the Steamplant


Planted a not very successful garden

The garden needs amending and more rain.
Next year.


Had dinners at new places and old favorites, spent time with friends and family

 With Libby at Bar Louie in Sugar Land

Also in Sugar Land: Jean Mom, the Big Guy, Bunny, me and a bunch of great nieces and nephews.
(Even though Belle lives the closest to me, she never stopped by long enough to have her picture taken.)

With brother Steve in Breckenridge

and Bunny even made it to the cabin for a couple of hours to hug Carlos.
(Carlos HATES to have his picture taken)

Accomplished some home improvement projects - the most exciting of which was new windows.

Drew- the window guy extraordinaire. 
Not one window in this cabin was done correctly- but now they all are.

Or maybe it was my blue dinner table.

Dinner with a view. 

Or my blue bedroom wall

Love how a little paint can make such a huge impact.

Or the doors on the shed

 The shed is part of the view out the front window. 
These doors make me so happy.
Even if they don't match.


I saw the start and finish of a burro race!

A fuzzy contestant

And they are off. 
13 miles on a mountain trail.

Went to the hot springs but I never got into the river to raft. I wanted to hike but I didn't. Next week.

All in all it was a great summer.  Work started out awful and confusing and mostly STRESSFUL. Now it has settled into a routine and has once again become kinda fun.

Heading into fall I have some decisions to make. My job is great but the pay is awful. The cabin is paid for and I love it but it's also in the middle of nowhere.  New job? New city? Or figure out a way to make it all work?

We shall see.

Here's to fall. My most favorite time of year here.






No comments: