19 November 2015

Visitors

Visitors in the Night

Tuesday we woke up to the first little snowfall of the season. Only ½" but still a solid dusting.

As I went out to warm up Bunny's (my) car and clear the snow, I noticed some little dips on the railing.
A closer inspection revealed some teeny tiny footprints.

 Teeny little feet prints, maybe the size of a dime.


They travelled to my potted plant and then back.

I searched my Mammals of Colorado Field Guide and the closest I could come to these prints is some sort of weasel. It actually looks more like a tiny fox print but I don't think tiny foxes would be walking on my railings.    There were the same prints on the front porch, wandering up to another potted plant that had been left there. 

On the back railing, the birdies hopped around.


No idea what kind of birdy.
My Birds of Colorado Field Guide doesn't show
foot prints. 

Then Carlos and I took a walk.  And found more prints in the snow.


These are turkey prints. All over the place. Don't they know Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK? 
That's my footprint on the left which means these turkeys have enormous feet. 


These prints probably do belong to a little fox. Each paw print is about 1 ½" to  1 ¾" long. We see the fox at the end of the driveway a lot.

Surprisingly there were no bunny prints to be found, although usually they are alllll over the place. 

And somehow I missed the deer tracks. Thought I had a pic of them. O well. Missed Carlos's tracks also.


And fortunately there were no bear tracks. No mountain lion tracks. 

And no Chupacabras

Whew. 



No comments: