14 May 2014

Ch-ch-changes

Changes are coming....


Yikes. 

School is almost over. 

Belle is about to graduate from high school.  (How can that be?)

My "full-time" time in Colorado is almost up. (How can that be?)

It's not like I won't be back. But I won't be back living here I imagine. (How can that be?)

Back to the heat, the humidity and the responsibility of Texas.  (How can that be?)

I look around the little cabin in the woods and wonder HOW we will gather up all the stuff that has made its way up here and get it stuffed into two cars and get it home. Do I have to drive home? I don't want to.  I. DO. NOT. WANT. TO. MAKE. THAT. DRIVE.  Please may I fly home and let someone else drive my car? Please?

I started washing and storing all the sweaters and hoodies and jackets that have accumulated at the front and back doors. Then we had another snow. Back to square one.  

Between Monday and Tuesday of THIS week we got a foot of snow.
All gone now. 


The freezer and pantry need emptying. Time to start eating what we've got whether it's what we crave or not. 

I look in the girls' rooms and think "no way". Thank goodness getting all their clothes together is THEIR problem, not mine. 























Honest. These are unretouched pictures of what their rooms look like on a daily basis.
Yes, they both have closets AND rolling hanging racks and dressers and yet...
their clothes are on the floor. 
Carlos hides his bones underneath the clothes piles.

My car needs tires and its service is due. Bunny's car needs an oil change. The Hummer needs an oil change, too, before it gets stored for...the summer?   For a few weeks? Belle is still lobbying to take it home with her but it needs to stay here.

And then what? 

Belle is bound and determined she is going to Florida in the fall for school. Community college.
NOT in Texas.  That's pretty much her only stipulation. That and near a beach. Preferably with tanned boys that have pretty eyes nearby.  Need to get that organized. (The school, not the boys.)

Both girlies will be leaving friend boys. Everyone has known it's coming from the beginning but I'm not sure that will make it easier. 

It's time to move on to the next stage. The next adventure. 

I'm not sure I'm ready. 




CHANGES: David Bowie


I still don't know what I was waiting for
And my time was running wild
A million dead-end streets
Every time I thought I'd got it made
It seemed the taste 
was not so sweet
So I turned myself to face me
But I've never caught a glimpse
Of how the others must see the faker
I'm much too fast to take that test

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the stranger)
Ch-ch-Changes
Don't want to be a richer man
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the stranger)
Ch-ch-Changes
Just gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me
But I can't trace time

I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence and
So the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware 
of what they're going through

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the stranger)
Ch-ch-Changes
Don't tell them to grow up and out of it
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the stranger)
Ch-ch-Changes
Where's your shame
You've left us up to our necks in it
Time may change me
But you can't trace time

Strange fascination, fascinating me
Changes are taking the pace
I'm going through

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the stranger)
Ch-ch-Changes
Oh, look out you rock 'n rollers
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the stranger)
Ch-ch-Changes
Pretty soon you're gonna get
a little older
Time may change me
But I can't trace time
I said that time may change me
But I can't trace time











No comments: