30 December 2013

Happy New Year's Eve

Happy New Year's Eve!

I am so happy to report that we have returned to Colorado and had zero problems along the way.

Well, I take that back.  We stopped for gas on the return and then the check engine light came on. On the HUMMER! Not on my stupid car.

Man, I was feeling jinxed.

We KNOW that can mean the gas cap isn't on tight. I tightened the gas cap. Belle got out and tightened the gas cap. We drove a block, got out and tightened the gas cap again.

The "check engine" light was still on.

Fortunately the Hummer has Onstar so we called them and they did a diagnostic. "The engine is misfiring. Go to the dealer within 7 days."

Ok.

We drove another 276 miles with the check engine light on and then stopped for gas.

Guess what?

Yep, that light went off.

Ok, so was the engine misfiring? Or was Onstar just full of it?

Whatever.

After 2000 miles, a million stops because apparently Bunny cannot go more than 30 minutes without eating, two hotel stays, no sit down meals because Belle does NOT want to waste time sitting and eating and one scary clown driving behind us..we are back in Colorado.

And I am NEVER doing that drive again. It is too long. Too boring. Too too.

I will sell my car. Put Carlos on the bus. Move to a city closer to Colorado.  But nope. Not doing that drive again.

Sorry Houston family and friends. Not happening.

But here we are.
Happy New Year's Eve eve.





No comments: