07 February 2013

Number 50: Make a snow person

Number 50: Make a snow person

I went to Colorado and here is what I didn't do:

I didn't make the bed (until we left)



I didn't wash the dishes (until we left)








I didn't ski. At all. And that was Number 12 and it will just have to wait until another time.



I am not in this picture. No one I know is in this picture. 
But if I had skied, this is where I would have been.

And from the looks of the picture below, maybe I didn't brush my hair.

Here is what I did do:

I slept. It was wonderful. I have been suffering from sleep deprivation recently.

I shopped with my girls which is always fun and always leaves my pocketbook lighter.
(Yay, YOLO.  Our most favorite store.)


YOLO in Salida, Co. Check it out.



And...

I built a snow person! There wasn't much snow but I managed.

I googled how to build one for some expert advice and thanks to YouTube I had some very helpful info.

The snow was dry so I had to improvise. Fortunately I had a hose handy.

I got to use my Snow Family accessory kit.



But the weather was fabulous. Fifty degrees and sunny made snow person making comfy.

There wasn't a blizzard. I just forgot to contain my hair.



 Hair contained, sweatshirt gone.


Pretty gorgeous backdrop, don't you think?


 Me and my new friend.


Voila!

And she turned out really cute, if I do say so myself.


So Number 50 done.  Number 12 will have to wait, possibly until next year.

A good weekend.

Not a paid advertisement for any thing or place mentioned here. 

9 comments:

The Joiners said...

Very cute snowman/woman :)

the blogivers said...

So cute! I love that L.L. Bean has a kit!

Naz said...

As a kid I built many a snowman growing up.

We are in the midst of a blizzard right now and expecting 2-3 feet of snow but I doubt it will be the right type of snow for snowmen. Hope you had fun because he sure is cute.

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

What did you name your snowman/woman???? Sally from Salida??? You did a great job!

Splenderosa said...

I read your comment over at Lisa's place, and as I'm a Texan just wanted to say "hi." This post is delightful, I especially like the fact that "you slept" and "did not ski." Sounds like me. Vail used to be the place to be when the children were growing up, like for years. I long to be back again but only to visit, shop, have dinner with friends and look passively at the scenery. Hugs from Houston...

Nancie N Bartley said...

And how much snow did y'all end up getting? Right now it is about 70 degrees outside. Kind of wishing I was back in Colorado.

Nancie N Bartley said...

Thanks so much. I'm back in Houston myself now and wishing I was in Colorado. I could use some more sleep and some more cold weather. Not too impressed with our Texas winter so far. I enjoy the cold because I know the hot comes soon enough around here.
And I was in Vail last summer- soooo beautiful.

pam {simple details} said...

Impressive for a Texan! :)

Nancie N Bartley said...

Hey, hey, hey!
Thank you, I think.

Of course, I'm looking at our live camera that we have at the cabin and there is SO much snow from today- a week after we get home. I could build an army of snow people today- if only I weren't 1000 miles away.