12 February 2015

Passion

Passion ( Happy Valentine's Day)


I've talked before about passion, passion for your work or life.

Today I'm thinking about passion and love.

I mean it is going to be Valentine's day and, of course, 50 Shades of Grey is coming out in theaters.  I believe there's some passion in that movie.

Do you marry your passion? Or is passion so intense that it can only be in small doses?

Does passion for something or someone make your life easier? Or harder?

I found this quote and while it intrigues me I also think "Ah! This relationship would be work."
But worth it? Probably.

I want a trouble maker for a lover,
blood spiller, blood drinker, a heart of flame,
who quarrels with the sky
and fights with fate,
who burns like fire on the rushing sea.
-Rumi


Or maybe we should look at Trollope's view of passionate love.

Passionate love, I take it, rarely lasts long and is very troublesome while it does last. 
Mutual esteem is very much more valuable.
-Anthony Trollope

Hmmm. He may be right but it sure sounds boring.

How about

Unless it's mad, passionate, extraordinary love, it's a waste of your time. 
There are too many mediocre things in life.
Love shouldn't be one of them.
-Dreams for an Insomniac


I like that one.

I don't have any answers. Not sure what's right. But I like to think about it.


the sun loved the moon so much 
he died every night 
to let her breathe


No comments: